Calm: Mindfulness for Tweens
with Orlaith O'sullivan
This course is aimed at young people in 5th/6th class and 1st/2nd year. It offers an introduction to the practice of mindfulness with special attention to appropriate resourcing: taking care of anxiety and nurturing calm in themselves.
The course is held in a safe, friendly environment with lots of kindness and a good dose of humour.
INTRODUCTION TO MINDFULNESS
- What is mindfulness?
- What is the effect of mindfulness on our brain?
- guided meditation
- deep relaxation
- taking care of anxiety, fear, anger
- nurturing calm, joy, gratitude
- The course comes with mindfulness resources – including downloadable mp3s of guided meditations and deep relaxation.
- Students are encouraged to map their practice and experience as the course progresses.
- On successful completion, students will receive a certificate of completion.
DATES: 90 minute session x 6 weeks, starting Sunday 4 September, 12.30pm-2pm
Course dates: 4, 11, 25 September and 2, 9, 16 October. Note there is no session on Sunday 18 September.
COURSE COST: €150
NUMBERS: The course is limited to 12 participants.
TO BOOK: email firstname.lastname@example.org