6-Week Mindful Living & Resilience Course
Thursdays November 14th to 19th December
Day of practice on Saturday 7th December
Time: 7.30pm – 9.30pm Cost €250
With Barry Lee
Would you like to learn to slow down and meet life with greater calm and ease?
Be more resilient in the face of challenging situations?
This 6-week course is based on the MBSR programme developed by Jon Kabat Zinn.
Learning mindfulness is about learning to be fully awake in our lives. This course gives a practical and experiential introduction to a variety of mindfulness practices. We will look at various ways in which mindfulness can be incorporated into daily life and specifically how it can help us to:
• appreciate what is already here
• respond wisely when we are faced with difficult experiences
• navigate our emotions
• communicate more effectively
• take better care of ourselves
• learn how to live mindfully.
Participants will receive a handbook and links to a variety of audio practices they will be encouraged to work with at home. Numerous scientific studies have shown that regular practice of mindfulness can:
• Reduce stress and anxiety
• Improve ability to concentrate and focus • Increase creativity
• Enhance communication and interpersonal skills
• Increase resilience
• Improve physical well being