Mindfulness Courses and Workshops
Oscailt offers mindfulness for all ages.
Many of us want to slow down and experience greater ease, but often find that doing this is not so easy. Mindfulness is a simple practice that connects us to our natural sense of presence. It helps us come to our senses in a very real way and live more fully in the present moment.
Mindfulness is over 2500 years old as a practice, but it is only in recent decades that medicine and science have come to recognise the capacity of mindfulness to enhance the quality of people’s lives, particularly in the areas of stress reduction and pain management, depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorders and panic attacks.
Oscailt maintains a comprehensive series of courses on mindfulness, loving-kindness and self-compassion. We offer regular mindfulness courses for children and for teens. We also host four community mindfulness groups (sanghas) in the tradition of Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh.
- Mindfulness for Health (Fidelma Farley) - starts Wednesday 31st May
- Mindfulness Course (Fidelma Farley) - starts Wednesday 21st June
- Follow-on Mindfulness Course - Going Deeper (Fidelma Farley) - starts Monday 3rd July
Mindfulness events & workshops
Regular Mindfulness events (no booking required)
One to One Mindfulness for adults,young people & children
- one to one mindfulness sessions for young people, children and families with Orlaith O' Sulivan
- One-to-one mindfulness sessions for adults with Fidelma Farley
Mindfulness in schools
Oscailt also supports schools in establishing mindfulness programmes for the school environment. If you are interested in mindfulness for staff or students, please contact the Oscailt office.